Thursday, August 27, 2009

a tale of three dates

In the last two months since I called off my wedding, I've made a vow to be more open to different experiences. Who knows what could possibly change my life for the better? I feel like I've been missing out on things, not fully enjoying the real "college experience" and being out on my own. So, among other things, I have gone on three dates with three different guys in the last two weeks. If nothing else, I ended up with some fun stories to tell.

Date #1: A 24-year-old recent UGA grad. Blind date, actually, and from this experience I have learned that blind date = bad. Never again will I put myself through that horror. We met for coffee at Starbucks at 8:30, and I was gone by 8:45. This guy barely looked at me when he talked, and when he did look at me, it was a little south of my eyes - if you know what I mean. It was so awkward and awful that I texted a friend in the middle of it and had him call me with an "emergency" so I could have an out. Now I admit that I don't have that much experience with first dates, but I don't think that's the way it's supposed to go.

Date #2: A 27-year-old law student. This one was really cute and pretty easy to talk to. We had lunch at a Japanese restaurant downtown, and had a really great time talking and getting to know each other. We didn't stay very long because he had to go back to class, but hopefully we'll have another chance to hang out sometime soon. I've been getting occasional text messages from him, just sweet things like asking how my day is going. It's cute. :)

Date #3: A 31-year-old small business owner. He comes into Papa John's to order pizza every Tuesday, which is how we met. We went out for coffee after I got off work this past Tuesday night. We met at the same Starbucks where I went on the first, horrible date, but this one was much better. We sat there talking and drinking white mochas (yum!) until the place closed. We really didn't want to end the night, so we went back to my apartment where Tyler and his friend Marcus were hanging out. When my date walked through the door, he was immediately "attacked" by Chloe. Thankfully he didn't run away screaming. We sat out on the balcony with Chloe while Tyler and Marcus watched a movie. He finally left around 2 am. And yes, there was a little goodbye kiss. :)

Of all three, the last was definitely the best. I don't know if I'll see any of them again (well, I know I definitely won't see the first one), but it has been an interesting experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment