Thursday, June 11, 2009

During summer session, UGA is almost surreal. It's this huge campus normally teeming with students rushing from class to class, but from May to July it's quiet and almost relaxed. I can normally hear 5 or 6 conversations going on at once at Jittery Joe's, but right now I hear nothing. Total silence, except for the occasional cough or tapping of a keyboard. It makes me want to stay here all day and just escape everything.

I've been having a lot of dreams about my wedding lately. Dreams where everything goes wrong, like the most recent one in which I forgot to have my dress altered, there was no wedding cake, and another reception was going on where ours was supposed to be. I know these are completely ridiculous things that would never actually happen (even I, in all my ADD moments, would not forget to have my wedding gown altered), but I still wake up in freak-out mode. Then I see Mike next to me, sleeping peacefully with our puppy laying on his chest, and everything's better, at least for a little while. The thing that scares me is it makes me wonder if getting married is really the right thing for me right now. Maybe it's just pre-wedding jitters, I don't know. I hope so. The wedding is 6 months from tomorrow and I'm nervous that it's creeping up on me so quickly. I'm afraid we won't be able to get everything done in time, or something will be overlooked.

I just want December to be here and the wedding to be over with. I'm trying to deal with it all by just picturing myself with my new husband on our honeymoon, enjoying Disney World and looking forward to our new life together.

1 comment:

  1. I think its normal, just pre-wedding stuff. You have a lot going on and the wedding stuff occupies a lot of your waking thoughts, so of course it will be in your subconscious. And those thoughts are always crazier.

    I promise as a good bridesmaid to not let you forget to alter your wedding gown, or any of those other things. Get out here to AZ and lets go shopping! Love you penguin!

    ReplyDelete