Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Thanks for all the prayers over the weekend, because it worked - Chloe is coming home tomorrow! 

I was a nervous wreck yesterday, calling the animal shelter every hour to find out if she'd been adopted. The two people ahead of me either decided they didn't want to or couldn't adopt her, or found another dog first, so now she's mine! Mike and I played with her a good while yesterday after filling out the adoption papers (she had to go get spayed before she could come home with us). She ran right up to me when she saw me coming to her kennel, and had a fun time running around the pen. She took to Mike right away, climbing up into his lap when he sat down to pet her. It was hilarious, actually. She's small, but not exactly a lap dog. We noticed we'll have to work with her on not jumping on furniture - she loved jumping up on the benches. But despite the jumping habit, she's really well-behaved. Unlike my first dog, she didn't go crazy when she saw another animal. Well, except for the Doberman that everyone was barking at! She's already learning to respond to her name, and seems to be pretty good walking on a leash.

Mike and I went to Walmart and Target to get dog stuff yesterday, and I had too much fun. I got her cute pink and blue striped bowls, a pink polka-dotted collar (with matching leash) and a pink heart-shaped name tag. Tyler laughed at me when I came home with all this stuff, but he's excited to have a dog around. 

I guess that's enough about my dog for one day. I'll post pictures soon, but for now here are the other two from the animal shelter website!


No comments:

Post a Comment