Friday, April 22, 2011

we could run away, maybe we could change

Like I said almost 3 months ago... I'm bad at this.

It's amazing how things can change in such a short time. Brian is no longer part of my life. He and our relationship didn't turn out to be what I thought they were. It sucks, but I'm doing my best to move on. I think I'll be taking a long break from dating. Every relationship I have been in, even the ones I thought were good and healthy, ended up painful and disappointing. I don't think I can take any more of that. Not any time soon.

Classes will be over with a week from today, then two finals, then I'm out of here. I've decided to go back to GPC for a couple semesters and take pre-med classes, then apply to med school for the fall of 2013. I'm excited about it - it's nice to actually have a plan, and a timeline. Whether things will actually go accordingly, we'll see. But seeing as I've wanted to be a doctor literally since I could speak, I feel pretty confident that this is it for me.

I have a partial list of med schools to apply to: MCG, Mercer, and UNC Chapel Hill. I'm planning on volunteering at Emory Johns Creek Hospital, and hopefully I can meet a doctor or two willing to write recommendation letters.

I guess that's it for now. Time to venture out into the rain for my hour-long drive back home from campus. Only one more week of this...

1 comment:

  1. You know where else you could go to med school? Arizona. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete